top of page
Video background.png

Agricultural Science

Agricultural Science Department


Leaving Cert Agricultural Science or "Ag Science" is the science of farming and is very popular in St. Mogue’s College.

The subject goes well with Biology as there are a lot of overlapping topics. The course covers lots of practical topics such as cattle, pig, and sheep management.

The marking scheme is specific, and you need to practice getting precise answers to achieve full marks. 

A new specification for Leaving Certificate Agricultural Science was introduced in September 2019 and will be examined for the first time in 2021.

• The examination comprises two components: a written paper and a coursework component. The coursework component consists of a report on an Individual Investigative Study and is worth 100 marks, which is 25% of the overall marks for Leaving Certificate Agricultural Science. The remaining 300 marks (75%) are for the final written examination.

bottom of page