In 1932 at its January meeting, Co. Cavan VEC announced the renting of space in the Bawnboy Workhouse for classes in Domestic Science. Within three years the curriculum expanded to 13 subjects with a teaching staff of three catering for both day and night classes. A new school opened for classes on the present site in 1966. By 1979 all day-class students were progressing to Leaving Certificate level with a further expansion of the curriculum. A 12 room extension was opened in 1987 and in 1992 parents voted to rename the school St. Mogue’s College. In 2006 a student competition produced the design for a new school crest and uniform. The motto was Spréach Eolais, Borradh Feabhais – the spark of knowledge, the surge of development – was adopted to match the latest expansion of the curriculum into Information Technology which the school had now embraced. In 2011 new buildings were added to accommodate a new foyer, language laboratory, sacred space, canteen and general classrooms. St. Mogue’s College has thus established itself firmly as a school of the 21st century culminating in the naming of the college as the “Irish Digital School of the Year 2014”.